Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Thursday, May 14, 2020

¿WHO SAYS THAT'S TRUE?

We’re all spiritually, emotionally, and physically aware beings. We pick up stuff from the world around us and the result is that many of our thoughts, feelings, and emotions aren’t our own. Instead we pick them up in different conversations, situations, and motivations from those around us.

If you find yourself buying into a point of view that doesn’t feel right, ask yourself: Is this point of view mine? Did I buy into it somewhere along the line? Am I choosing what’s true for me or what everyone else is choosing? In the movie Runaway Bride, there’s a breakfast scene in which Richard Gere asks Julia Roberts what kind of eggs she likes. Her response: “Whatever you're having.” With each of her three former fiancés, their favorite eggs had been her favorite eggs. Have you ever asked yourself what kind of eggs you really like?

2 comments:

  1. I believe getting to know ourselves is important and also, a success. 💚💛🧡🤎💙🤍💜

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poached. Hard. What? Oh, am I missing the point? Sigh. I think it comes easier to declare firm personally wrought opinions the longer you live. Experience informs POV, our tastes, our opinions. If you're not out there living, really living, then your scope of reference remains small and it is much harder to define your POV with confidence.

    ReplyDelete