Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

¿CAN WE ACKNOWLEDGE OUR QUEER SELVES?

Most LGBTQ persons look for someone else to acknowledge them when they’re not acknowledging themselves, when all they really longing for is to be seen. To be validated. How doe we come to a place where only we and no one else can give us a sense of worth? 

Can we actively choose to see what’s beautiful and amazing instead of what’s missing and wrong? When you wake up, see the sunlight streaming through the window, not the wallpaper that needs fixing. When the familiar voice in your head says there’s something wrong with you or that you’re not good enough, just say to yourself, "Stop!" Then tell yourself, "I’m brilliant, just the way I am." Be your own cheerleader.

No comments:

Post a Comment