Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Sunday, April 7, 2013

COMPROMISE & TOLERANCE...



Being uncompromising and being intolerant are not the same. They carry

very different connotations on the frontlines. The former implies a refusal to
tolerate anything that takes or keeps us away from the path and the latter
means to not be understanding of difference. As a people, homosexuals are known
better than any other for our tolerance of others and their ways (something
many with clear hindsight now cogently argue has been a leading source of our
demise as a world power). But our tolerance of difference never insinuated or
directly meant our voluntary embracing of it.

2 comments:

  1. I just want to be accepted completely as I am and what I am - a gay man - made this way by God - to be what I am meant to be. I don't want to be "tolerated" but "accepted".

    ReplyDelete