Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

YOU'RE LOOKING AT THE WRONG END TO GUESS HIS SEXUAL POSITION PREFERENCE


Are you insertive or receptive? Honey, the answer's all over your face!

Published in the April 2013 Journal Archives of Sexual Behavior, a new study examines the perception of preferred positions in gay male relationships. Newsflash: If it looks like a bottom and walks like a bottom, it's probably a bottom. Here's the study overview:

In intercourse between men, one of the partners typically assumes the role of an insertive partner (top) while the other assumes a receptive role (bottom). Although some research suggests that the perceptions of potential partners' sexual roles in gay men's relationships can affect whether a man will adopt the role of top or bottom during sexual intercourse, it remains unclear whether sexual roles could be perceived accurately by naïve observers.
In Study 1, we found that naïve observers were able to discern men's sexual roles from photos of their faces with accuracy that was significantly greater than chance guessing.

Moreover, in Study 2, we determined that the relationship between men's perceived and actual sexual roles was mediated by perceived masculinity. Together, these results suggest that people rely on perceptions of characteristics relevant to stereotypical male-female gender roles and heterosexual relationships to accurately infer sexual roles in same-sex relationships. Thus, same-sex relationships and sexual behavior may be perceptually framed, understood, and possibly structured in ways similar to stereotypes about opposite-sex relationships, suggesting that people may rely on these inferences to form accurate perceptions.

Or you could just be like Willam, Vicky Vox, and Detox and assume that every boy is a bottom?

Do you agree that masculine-feminine stereotypes influence our perceptions on position? And is this study fair to guys who swear that they're versatile on their dating profiles?

SOURCE: GAY DOT NET

12 comments:

  1. I've known some very aggressive and outspoken Bottoms and some fairly fem-acting (forgive the adjective) Tops.

    Unless otherwise advised; I just assumed that everyone was versatile cuz I was prepared either way. ;>)~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, my field experience was short-lived, but highly concentrated.. the term 'slut' did come up more than once regarding the heated rutting engaged in by newly-out men of my demographic in our feeble attempt to make up for lost time .... so, you bet I WAS!!!

      Delete
    2. could never make up for what didn't happen sir, but I am sure you had fun trying :-)

      Delete
  2. Take or give! Whatever the opportunity provides! I top! I bottom! Well, I used to! Don't get much opportunity these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I've been out fuckin around since I was 15 or so. That old saying you can't tell a book etc.etc.... does not apply to most gay men at least the ones that have been in MY bed. Those big hunky super macho guys often will flip and turn out to be great bottoms. I'm not sure I ever did under stand the whole thing of being either Top Or Bottom. Why would any upstanding Queer choose one or the other? You've got me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not too sure that I agree with the study results. I do know some men who are exclusive one or the other. However, in my current and past relationships, one way or the other is not applicable. On second thought, I always knew that I was special...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahahaha :) Top - Bottom - Vers
    the important 'to have sex and do it well

    ReplyDelete