Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Saturday, October 24, 2009

LOVIN' YOU






"Lovin' You" is a 1975 hit single by Minnie Riperton. The song became a #1 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 on April 5,1975, #2 in the UK, and #3 on the R&B charts in the US. The song is especially noteworthy due to the unusually high pitches that Riperton reaches during the song. One year after the song's release, Riperton was diagnosed with terminal cancer. She died on July 12, 1979. It was the fourth single from the album Perfect Angel (1974).

The song is notable for Riperton's use of the whistle register. While it is believed that "Lovin' You" was the first song to reach number one without the help of a percussion instrument, "Yesterday" by The Beatles accomplished this feat ten years earlier. According to the liner notes from Riperton's compilation CD Petals, the melody for "Lovin' You" was created as a distraction for her daughter (Maya Rudolph) when she was a baby so that Minnie and her husband Richard could hang out. Maya was in the studio with her mother on the day the song was recorded and Riperton can be heard singing her daughter's name at the end of the song.



When it comes to my relationship with Noel, I am ALWAYS in an affectionate mood; and with this being our anniversary weekend, I find myself swept up by the romantic feelings and fascinations I felt when we connect on this day 2 years ago. Most days I can’t believe that he actually here with me and this song makes me realize that HIS LOVE is deep AND constant.

No comments:

Post a Comment