Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Friday, April 16, 2021

LIL NAS X EXPLAINS TO KIDS WHAT IT MEANS TO COME OUT OF THE CLOSET


Lil Nas X appeared on the kids’ show Arts & Raps to draw a portrait with the two pint-sized hosts when he got an unexpected question.

What does it mean to come out of the closet?

Picking his words carefully for a younger audience, Nas responded, “It means you’re like, ‘Hey everybody, I’m this thing, and you guys didn’t even know that, but now you know.”

One of the co-hosts, not quite catching on, told his own “closet story.”

“My older cousin, he keeps pushing my brother into the closet,” he said. “And we close the door and blink the lights on and off, and then say ‘666’ or ‘Bloody Mary.’ And then he swore he saw something.”

Trying not to laugh, Lil Nas X tells the boy, “That’s exactly what happened to me. That’s exactly what I meant when I said I was coming out of the closet.”

When the other cohost asks him, “What does it mean to be unapologetically you?” Lil Nas has the best answer.

“It means just doing yourself at all costs, no matter who’s watching.”

SOURCE: LGBTQ NATION


1 comment:

  1. I adore this man. Could he just run the world? (stand down, B-Bouncy. Let someone else have a turn.)

    ReplyDelete