Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

¿WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST PRIDE EXPERIENCE LIKE?


The very first Gay Pride March was held on June 28, 1970 to mark the first anniversary of the Stonewall Riots, and over the decades the tone and tenor of the Pride March has changed. Nevertheless, it still has the power to inspire and empower the members of our community that need that extra push.

 How old were you when you first participated in one? Was it an exhilarating experience? Was it a nerve-wracking one? I would love to hear all your stories! Happy pride month everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I was 36 and the only reason I went is because the non-profit I was working for had a booth. I enjoyed it. Brought my little dog, Beau. He stole the show. Everybody wanted to pet him and he looked so cute with his tiny pride scarf tied around his neck. I had always avoided Pride, but turns out, Pride is for everybody. So I have never missed a year...except this year.

    ReplyDelete