Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Friday, June 5, 2020

LIFE'S TOO SHORT TO SETTLE FOR 'AVERAGE' LOVE

There’s going to be enough average things in your life. Love shouldn’t be one of them.

Just because you get along with someone so well doesn’t mean they are the best for you. Sometimes true love isn’t simple, but in many ways, it’s always worth it. I know it’s hard to do most times, because when there’s nothing really wrong with your relationship there’s no reason to break up, but there is.

If your heart has been telling you something else for awhile, then maybe it’s time to listen to it.

Because you need to and deserve love that leaves you feeling like you have to pinch yourself everyday. If that’s what you want, don’t settle till you have it.

Love should go both ways. If you’re unhappy and crying more than you’re smiling, then leave. Having your life controlled isn’t a sign of love. Always being treated like you’re worthless, but making it up with gifts a few days later isn’t love. You deserve better. 

Someone’s who’s going to appreciate you and make you a better person.

2 comments:

  1. I agree 100%, don't settle for less than you deserve. 👍🏻

    But also, make sure you are worthy. Work on yourself. Every day. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand why anyone would stay in a relationship where you cry everyday. Maybe that is something one is willing to put up with when you are very young, but experience tells you that if you have to hurt yourself to get love, then it's not love you're getting. I just don't want the drama. I like me a nice quiet love. If you find someone who 'gets' you, and the conversation is always interesting, and there are quiet moments where you take great comfort... then that is a good relationship. That's a keeper. I have been with my bf for 7 years now. We have had two huge fights and 3 major disagreements. That is all. I think that's a pretty good track record. Perfect? Naw. Nothing is. You want perfect? Go watch some crappy television. Real life is made of tiny moments... tiny, quiet moments.

    ReplyDelete