Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Thursday, August 30, 2007

¿HOW LONG?



Have you ever had a conversation with someone that you have not seen in about a month or so and they assume that you are ATTACHED or COMMITTED to someone since you last spoke? The strange thing for me is that when asked this question, it is said with such earnestness and sincerity that it leaves me feeling as if I am in the TWILIGHT ZONE. Nonetheless, my curiosity is how would the time span be adequately sufficient for one to be in a relationship? Nevertheless, that is not strange; the strange is that this is very much a common occurrence within the GAY community. Now I wonder how anyone can think that you can meet someone with that short time span and give him the title of SIGNIFICANT OTHER. IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME or AM I JUST INSANE? 

WHY IS IT SO EASY FOR PERSONS WITH THIS WAY OF THINKING TO ALLOW THEMSELVES TO FALL IN SUCH A PREDICAMENT? HOW IS IT PLAUSIBLE THAT A COMMITTED RELATIONSHIP IS ACTUALLY THE GOAL? WHAT WILL IT TAKE FOR INDIVIDUAL TO REALIZE THAT A RELATIONSHIP OF THIS SORT IS DOOMED? I am of the opinion that a relationship have to blossom from a FRIENSHIP, onto a RELATIONSHIP then PARTNERSHIP. However, we have the total opposite of my notion and I feel that is why the relationships do not work or last. We get into them without giving any REAL thought and consideration to what we are doing. We know that we always meet the REPRESENTATIVE before we meet the person and no matter how long this is the case, no individual can keep up such a façade for an extended period. It is my belief that such a person can mislead another for so long then things will fall apart @ the seams and then the TRUTH will unravel. Therefore, I say date for 3 months keeping things above board enabling the fostering of HEALTHY & MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIP. If it does not go to the next level then there will be @ least a FRIENDSHIP between two persons that is based on mutual RESPECT. 

Alternatively, individuals chose to take route adverse to the one I suggest and I do not understand how they haphazardly live life by chance. I think that we are too quick and in such a rush to become someone’s love that we do not think clearly. We set ourselves up for failure and the only SIGNIFICANT OTHER we will have is ourselves. We fail we allow SEX to decide if another is going to be that SPECIAL ONE; the bottom line is that if longevity is the goal then there needs to REALISTIC things in place to guarantee such an outcome. 

I AM AWARE THAT WE WE ARE TAUGHT THAT WE CAN NEVER BE SUCCESSFUL IN LOVE BECAUSE OF THE LOVE WE SEEK. WE ARE TOLD THAT A MUTUALLY, RESPECTING & EQUALLY CONTRIBUTING RELATIONSHIP DOES NOT WORK HENCE, WE NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT RELATIONSHIPS SHOULD TAKE AS LONG AS THEY ARE GOING TO TAKE, THERE IS NO ROAD MAP or RUSH TO GET A PARTNER. I FEEL THAT WE NEED TO TAKE THIS VERY SERIOUSLY THIS IS OUR LIVES & IT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR US TO NOT ALLOW WHAT WE THINK IS LOVE TO TAKE OVER THE EDGE OF REASON.

No comments:

Post a Comment