Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Thursday, June 28, 2012

THE HYPER MASCULINE MAN & HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH WOMEN...







For generations, men have been told that a "real man" is the strong, yet silent type who
keeps all of their emotions in check. A "real
man"
 doesn't cry, need
therapy or ask for help and above ALL else a "real man" keeps his women in check.








Well this thought came to the other day as I was sitting in my
barber’s chair having a conversation. I asked him how are things with him and
his now pregnant girlfriend, he said okay with a smile [a devilish smile]. He then told me that he came home
after 1am the other night and met her packing up her stuff because she said he
isn’t treating her right [you know the song n’ dance].




He then told her that he is "man" and need not explain  to her
where he was and
what he was doing. He even further told her that if she left,
don’t come back. When he woke up he saw her sleeping on the couch with the bags
next to her and have an even
 BIGGER smile on his face when he said
this part of the story.








I then said to him,
‘why not let her go, find someone that will LOVE her the way she needs and wants.’ He
was silent and that smile left his face and I 
couldn't tell if it was because a man was saying this to him or if he
actually did this, his manhood would be no more. 
Isn't it something how just  the mere pondering of such a thing shows how
the hyper masculine approach has SERIOUS repercussions on how we build communities and foster
love for each other, ESPECIALLY when it comes to men dealing with
their feelings about relationships with women.  





Well, the world doesn't react positively to women talking about the way men treat them.  It’s the elephant in the room
and MANY [especially women] of us ignore this behavior and often reward the men
for simple being "men". Even as I write this entry I know
it 
doesn't make sense talking to him about his actions because he was taught that steel sharpens steel, that he supposed
to shut her down, “man up” and “keep it moving.”

No comments:

Post a Comment