Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Thursday, July 23, 2009

¡I DEFINE ME!





I am a beautiful Black man
Living in a society that wishes to mold me
But my self-respect won’t allow anyone but myself to define me.
I don’t have a need to be trendy
Insubstantial judgments rarely do offend me
I am who I am I choose freely who I wish to be
It is not hard to fathom how I define me.
I don’t need to prove I am smart ass
Just to show that I have class
So I can fit in with the shallow cliques and deceitful friends
God made me beautifully articulate,
Do you see & I define me?
I don’t need a man standing by my side
To attain a sense of self-pride
A strong man’s love is a commodity to be known
But before a man undermines my strengths I’d gladly stand alone.
Do I possess weaknesses
Yes, that’s for sure,
But what makes me the king I am is my ability to endure.
You see, I define me
Though it’s not always done easily
because the perils of a weak society
often catch me in an unjust propriety.
They say a GAY man is something to be feared!
Because I choose my own path,
Shouldn’t be something that’s revered?
I was not presented with a silver spoon @ the time of my birth
but I didn’t wait around for the world to determine my intrinsic worth.
I chose to stand out never waiting for a hand out
I chose never to wait on destiny when I was perfectly capable of defining me.
So please take off your blinders and see this world won’t give credit where it’s due
Until you stand on your own & decide to define you.


 © tgk


No comments:

Post a Comment