Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

MARRIAGE: ¿IS IT A RITE OF PASSAGE FOR WOMEN?



Yesterday my co-worker came to let me know that she will be out of office for a few weeks so I can have her desk until she returns. She was all excited about it, so I asked her where she will be and she told me that she was going to get her hair done for her wedding this weekend. She was SO excited and while I was happy for her, I couldn’t help but wonder what is it about marriage that makes want to be Mr. and Mrs. so and so?

We as humans will make MANY commitments throughout our time on earth, but few will have a lifelong impact on the path our lives will take. The decision to marry someone you love—to bond yourself to them completely—is unlike any other and can reshape your existence. When two people have similar goals, values, and needs, marriage can result in a lifetime partnership of love and respect, shared laughter and tears, friendship, and intimacy that is ultimately fulfilling. Love is often cited as the sole prerequisite of a strong and stable married life. However, the decision to get married should be made with the mind and the soul as well as with the heart…But it seem as if most women worry about this part much later…

The decision-making processes they employ tend to be one-sided. They tend to feel that love AND attraction along with thinking they can shape and mold man will GUARANTEE a long marriage. Most know that their relationship isn’t secure, but they foolishly think that marriage will make it so. Marriage has NO power to permanently fill any emotional or spiritual gaps in a woman’s life…I know that I am merely projecting my thoughts onto my co-worker, but are they basely? I feel that both she and her soon to be husband are spiritually compatible. I just hope that she is NOT like so many other women that rush into marriage just for the wedding dress, the ring, the party, and honeymoon. I wonder if she would still be willing to be married if she couldn’t have these things?

They say women are emotional creatures and rightly so…I just wonder if they actually understand that planning the wedding is simple when compared to the intricacies of nurturing a marriage. The honeymoon and nesting period will eventually wear off, and what you are left with is a partner for life…I do wish my co-worker all the best in her marriage…I just hope she enjoys the good AND bad times of a woman’s rite of passage…

No comments:

Post a Comment