Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Sunday, October 19, 2008

¡GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY!






When
you find yourself facing obstacles that appear to be blocking you from your
goals, it is important to try not to get discouraged. It can be easy to feel STUCK or that LIFE is creating circumstances preventing you from getting what you
want. And while it is easy to look at everyone and everything outside of
ourselves for the problem, perhaps even wanting to "get rid" of the
person, object, or circumstance we may feel is blocking us, sometimes the best
course of action to take may be to look inside ourselves first. It is amazing
how often we can get in our own way without even being aware that we are doing
so. Even though we truly want to succeed, there are many reasons why we may
sometimes block our own efforts. It may be that we are afraid to succeed, so we
subconsciously create circumstances to keep ourselves stuck. Or it may even be
that we are afraid that we will succeed, so we block ourselves by making the
achievement of our goals more difficult than they really are. We may even
approach our goals in a way that keeps creating the same unsuccessful results. If
you believe that you've been standing in your own way, you may want to take a
piece of paper and record how you've done so. Write down the choices you've
made that have hindered your efforts and the fears that may have prompted you
to make these decisions.  Take note of any thoughts and feelings that
arise. It is important to be gentle and compassionate during this process. Try
not to blame yourself for getting in your own way. Remember the choices we make
always are there to serve us, until it is time to let them go. When you are
finished, throw the paper away while setting an intention that you are getting
rid of any obstacles you've created to block yourself. You can then let
yourself start again with a clean slate. Doubts and fears are going to be
natural, but with this new awareness, you should be able to prevent yourself
from subconsciously thwarting yourself. Besides, now that you've decided to get
out of your own way, the part of you that has always wanted to succeed can now
do so.

6 comments:

  1. Hmm... it took me a while before I could come to realize what's been hindering me and what I need to go about doing to fix it. Besides, no one wants to get with a mental case, right? I'm going to see a counselor and see what medications I need to be put on.For me and my obsession with love and relationships, I believe the reason why I never was able to even support one is because of the mental and psychological damage that I've incurred from 5 years of loneliness, rejection, abandonment, desertion, and being ostracized. Writing it down on paper, I figured that I may have one or two of three things: Depression-Anxiety, Bi Polar Disorder, or Schizophrenia. I mean... I do literally live in my own little world. Not by choice. But because no one really wants to befriend me.So I am going to see how I can get the medical attention that I need before trying to pursue and foster new friendships/relationships. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pardon me for crashing the scene. This post is VERY profound. SO many people could benefit from reading this.Here's the funny part, bear with me. I read this twice. Once to get its content for myself, the second time as if I were John McCain, he could really use this sound advice. Read it like I did and you may get a chuckle out of that one."Doubts and fears are going to be natural, but with this new awareness, you should be able to prevent yourself from subconsciously thwarting yourself."Nice way to wrap this this up, solid words there.Have a good one

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you said makes alot of since. At least to me. I know that I probably stand in my way more than I would prefer. I tend to put other peoples desires in front of my own. I have given up things with the intention of trying to help someone I love. Figuring that they will do the same for me when the time comes. This hasnt been the case. But I dont blame them I Blame me. Sometimes it pays to be a lil selfish i guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great post! Sometimes people do get in their own way. And I love what said here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This posting reminded me of this email I once received. I don't know if you have read this already? But the message was about a notice employees received one day when they reported for work. The notice read: 'Yesterday the person who has been hindering your growth in this company pased away. We invite you to join the funeral in the room that has been prepared in the gym'. People were so excited and curious and kept thinking: 'Who is this guy who was hindering my progress?' 'Well, at least he died!' When they got to the coffin, instead of a person, therein lies a mirror and a sign that said: 'There is only one person who is capable of setting limits to your growth: it is YOU.' So what people saw when they looked into the coffin were reflections of themselves.

    ReplyDelete