Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

SAMUEL L. JACKSON UNAWARE HIS CHARACTER IN STEVEN KING'S CELL IS GAY

Samuel L Jackson, who has said that he would probably never portray a gay character, may be about to do so without knowing it.

Jackson, 64, has signed on to play the supporting role of Tom McCourt in the horror film adaptation of Steven King’s novel Cell.

McCourt in the novel is a gay middle aged engineer and army veteran who flees Boston after a cell phone transmitted signal causes most people on Earth to turn into bloodthirsty killers.

However apparently nobody told Jackson that.

When asked by the New York Post recently about the character’s sexuality Jackson said, ‘I have no idea.’

‘I haven’t read the book. Is that character gay in the book?’

When asked by Playboy whether he ever had any limits on choosing a role, Jackson said he would ‘probably [never] dress up as a woman and kiss another guy.’

‘I don’t know people want to see me do that,’ Jackson said. ‘[Quentin Tarantino] hasn’t asked me, but you know what? If it’s done right and the story is good, I might.’

At this stage it is unknown if the character of Tom McCourt will be written as gay in the film adaptation but even if he is, Jackson will probably not have a problem with that as he is a prominent Hollywood supporter of LGBT rights.

John Cusack will play the leading role of Clay Wheeler in the film adaptation of Cell. Wheeler is a Boston based artist who is trying to find his son during the outbreak.

SOURCE: GAY STAR NEWS

No comments:

Post a Comment