Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Thursday, March 21, 2013

HOSTING SAFE SEX PARTIES, ¿THOUGHTS?


The words SAFE SEX PARTY means a variety of things to different people; it conjures up conversations and images that many rather ignore. I had a conversation with a friend the other day and he told me he host SAFE SEX PARTIES and while my first thought was, dude are you serious? I actually came away contemplating hosting such an event myself.

Now before you take me to promiscuous police for entertaining the thought of aiding gay men in their sexual appetite, please note that I am not sold on entertaining such an event. I believe in balance and while my friend charge a fee for his party, I can’t help but wonder what kind of human being I would be if I were to profit of something that is natural to us as gay men. But when I think of all the things that are needed to fund such an event and me not being a rich man, the funds have to come from somewhere, right?

The money aspect pales in comparison to the MANY gay men contacting HIV on a daily basis and we all know that many will have sex without condoms; I just figure I can help fight this disease on that level. God knows I've talked and talked to men that I meet about safe sex so much and it hurts when they come back saying oh I got tested and I am positive. I recently blog about a friend of mine that encourages DL men to use his place for hook ups and I am uncomfortable with that. However I am VERY okay with throwing SAFE SEX PARTIES is there a difference really? But I digress and I find solace in the fact that my doing something like will help the gay men that have sex with each other. They take that risk so why can’t I risk being seen as an enabler of promiscuity?

6 comments:

  1. I think this is a good idea and a potentially profitable one too. People like to party and have sex. You won't be the first or the last. Set some ground rules for anything that is important to you and take it from there.

    My thing is, where would you have it? At your house? Rent a place? If you rent a place, who would be okay with you having a sex party in their establishment?

    Will you have rooms? Curtains dividing spaces or just a big space for all to enjoy? Yea, I love to brainstorm, so I put some thought into potential money makers lol. Not, that you would get rich, but you should be able to pay for what ever you need and make a lil change. How much could you charge? I am thinking $20-$40. I am just saying.

    If it is a hit, you can open one of those swinger clubs, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely set ground rules if I were to undertake this venture.

      There are places here on the island that I could look into renting.

      Sounds like I need to fly you down to help me with this :)

      Delete
  2. dude...

    as my great-aunt Gittel used to say:

    "Vie look for trouble, dahlink ??

    ... nuf said ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still stuck on the SAFE part, lol. Is this possible...I mean it's still an orgy, right?

    How will you know everyone is being SAFE...the environment is obviously gonna be very raunchy and freaky. I mean excuse me if this comment seems prejudice, but if you are open and freaky enough to attend a SEX party, how much do you REALLY care for being "safe"?

    And yeah all the money it would take to assure enough lube and Condoms for this "safe" sex party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it won't necessarily be an orgy all the way through, I am sure 1/2 persons might fancy just each other ;-)

      your comment isn't one that didn't occur to me and that's why I wrote this entry I am not all for doing something like this simply because the unknown

      Delete