Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Thursday, March 28, 2013

A PREGNANT PAUSE…


My sister phoned me the other day and asked me to guess who is with child. I got it on my first try because I knew that the 14 year old girl from my mother’s church was going to get there sooner or later (my bet was on sooner).

You see this child was out of school for more than 2 years because the teachers hate her so she has to go to another school (that’s my mother’s version of things). You see this girl is typical young teenager whose mother doesn’t give a shit about her and her 7 siblings, all she cares about is church and her pastor. Did I mention that she says she is pregnant for the pastor’s son and NOT one of the many boys/men that she constantly says is her cousin, uncle or daddy’s friend? But I digress…

This entry isn’t about her character and path her life has taken, as I had a chat with her the other day, I couldn’t help but feel sad for her. She has an attitude that’s like whatever and baby growing in her stomach is just something she has to deal with for 9 months. I thought oh I don’t want this young girl hanging out with my 12 year old niece, I felt she sent a message that it was okay to be a teen mother. But on the other hand I felt torn because I felt that as a man, a human I shouldn’t just cast another aside because they made choices that don’t fit with what I wished her life could have been like.  

In a situation like this, how do you decide which choice to make? Do you say you can’t hang with my young impressionable niece that more than likely looks up to you? Or do you try your hardest and help her HOPING that she gets it and there isn’t a replication from the young girls in the neighborhood? 

4 comments:

  1. I say she is only 14 and has a long journey ahead of her...in my opinion she still A BABY, that's the sad part. My worries is that baby growing INSIDE HER, clearly a 14 yr young cannot raise a child. That's child life is already screwed up...a 14 yr YOUNG mother.

    I myself try not to judge, but let's get REAL...SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THIS! These girls are becoming mothers YOUNGER AND YOUNGER everyday.

    She is definitely going to need HELP though. She's only 14, she can be saved...hopefully.

    How old is the "baby daddy"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if the "baby daddy" is the pastor's son he is 14 as well. I HIGHLY doubt he is the father given the MEN that she gets stuff from.

      Delete
  2. I think you need to reach back into your own experience being 'different' as a kid and the life-long effect that has had on you and everything you do, and then decide which 'side' you are on.

    I know that you will make the right decision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are right about that, I believe in the life you must take the 'good' and 'bad'

      Delete