Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Thursday, August 15, 2013

BARE-BACKING & THE DOUBLE STANDARDS...

How does some of us come to the conclusion that when gay men engage in the romantic, emotional, spiritual act of intercourse without a barrier we label it psychotic bare-backing  but when straight people do it we call it sex? Your mother and father barebacked and this double standard is ludicrous. It is a natural and precious act that has been going on, quite literally, since the beginning of mankind.

So I ask you is there TOO much emphases placed on bare-backing and gay men?

If you say NO, I dare ask if you have uncanny ability to enjoy sex while your penis is wrapped in latex? Or perhaps, by whatever Olympian discipline you possess, you are capable of using a condom each and every time you have sex, no matter what? If so, then you are to be commended.


If you say YES, is it because you feel that bare-backing and the risk that comes with it further adds stigma and shame to our community?

6 comments:

  1. A very challenging question. The sad thing is that the safety of having bareback gay sex depends on everyone being up front and telling the truth, and they don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to ask question that doesn't give a simple yes/no answer

      Delete
  2. Back in my parent's (and my) day, Death was not one of the possible consequences of unprotected sex.

    I have always detested condoms and would rather not have penetrative sex than wear one. Does this make me a bad person? NO. Am I ashamed of my choice? NO, and I do not stand in judgement regarding anybody else's personal choice regarding this issue.

    We all know the risks involved and I assume that consensual sex between two adults includes discussion regarding the option of wearing or not wearing protection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is commendable that you would opt out of penetrative sex rather than use condoms

      Delete