Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

ROBIN ROBERTS SHARES FIRST PHOTO OF HER GIRLFRIEND

Robin Roberts can't stop gushing about her girlfriend!

The "Good Morning America" anchor shared the first photo of her longtime love, Amber Laign, on Monday's segment of the hit morning show.

The 53-year-old host and fellow anchors Lara Spencer, Amy Robach, and George Stephanopoulos happily shared stories and snaps from their holiday vacations. Roberts was smiling with excitement as she detailed her time off, which started with a trip to Turks and Caicos, then a jetset to Ogunquit, Maine, and lastly down to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, for her niece's wedding.

Roberts shared a family photo from her niece's wedding, where she explained who was on-tap for the joyous occasion: "Next to me is my girlfriend, Amber, and my sister-in-law, Cynthia, and my brother, Butch. And it was a glorious, glorious time that weekend."

Being that this is the first time Roberts has mentioned her girlfriend on television since coming out in a Facebook post on Dec. 29, Stephanopoulos took the opportunity to address the exciting news. He hinted that her relationship with Laign was a well-known fact among her close colleagues and that he hoped her experience coming out was positive.

"I have never been happier or healthier than I am right now and my year-end post was just full of gratitude and just telling everyone all that I'm grateful for, including my girlfriend Amber who really loved me through a difficult year," Roberts responded emotionally.

Roberts's sister, Sally-Ann, and Amber were both by the star's side as she bravely battled breast cancer in 2008 and a rare blood disorder called myelodysplastic syndrome, which required her to have a bone marrow transplant in 2012.

Roberts and Laign, a licensed massage therapist from the San Francisco/Bay Area, reportedly have been dating for 10 years.


This may be the first snap we've seen of Laign, but we hope it won't be the last. Happy New Year, Robin.

No comments:

Post a Comment