Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Friday, March 29, 2013

THIS WEEKEND'S BOX-OFFICE: 3/29/2013


Easter weekend is ahead and studios are bringing out some bigger guns in an effort to drive big holiday business. Paramount's G.I. Joe: Retaliation gets things started with an early debut on Thursday, March 28. The Host and Temptation follow on Friday.

I will watch two movies this weekend, care to guess which two? Safe to say that I OVER Ms. Perry and her 'movies'. What movie(s) are you going to watch this weekend?

G.I. Joe: Retaliation


PROS:


- Brand name recognition.
- Dwayne Johnson has become an increasingly reliable box office star thanks to hits like Fast Five and Journey 2.
- Channing Tatum's presence in the film could entice his female audience to come out.
- Opening on Easter weekend should help the film to capitalize on the movie's potential appeal to families (young boys, specifically).
- Flixster user anticipation is fairly strong.

CONS:


- The 2009 film, The Rise of Cobra, did well in its time but isn't remembered particularly well almost four years later.
- Action fans could easily forego Joe in lieu of last weekend's breakout, Olympus Has Fallen.
- Twitter activity has paled in comparison to The Expendables 2.

The Host


PROS:


- The book's young adult fan base will probably turn out.
- Advertised as "from Stephanie Meyer, creator of Twilight" could help bring out some Twilight fans in addition.

CONS:


- The Twilight films appealed to a very focused female audience the size of which won't carry over to The Host.
- Social network buzz has been lukewarm.

Tyler Perry's Temptation


PROS:


- Tyler Perry's established fan base.
- Previous Perry films have excelled during this time of year, particularly around Easter.

CONS:


- Perry's non-Madea movies usually perform more modestly than his bigger hits.

2 comments:

  1. I REALLY want to see G.I., the last one was great. Wouldn't mind seeing 'The Host' either, I have no interest in Temptation cause yeah...his non Madea movies, ehhh. Generally I am beginning to get bored with his movies anyways, becoming to predicable, but I am not the one bad mouth Mr Perry, I respect him especially since he's a fellow Louisianian.

    I don't if he write his own movies...Completely, but he NEEDS a TEAM of better writers if he doesn't, I'm thinking he needs some 'Scandal' writers lol [have you seen that show? man it's awesome]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO OVER TYLER PERRY MOVIES! Can't tell you the last time I saw one.

      Delete