Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

MALE SEX WORK & THE GAY COMMUNITY'S JUDGEMENT...

 Few professions are as misunderstood, disparaged and infamous as that of the world’s oldest profession – sex work. Male sex work in particular, has its own unique challenges.

In reality, the profiles of male sex workers are nearly as varied those of their clients, encompassing a wide range of personalities, needs and lifestyle. Male sex workers still remain the targets of myriad, centuries old, ugly culturally ingrained myths.

Guys become prostitutes because they’re too dumb to get a “real job.”

They do it to support a drug habit.

They must be self-hating victims of sexual abuse. They have low self-esteem.

They are walking petri dishes of yet uncatalogued STDs.

Any of these sound familiar?

Do you think we can ever come to a place where we respect men that are sex workers?

1 comment:

  1. I respect them. I have no need for their services, but I respect their right to control their body and do as they please. If that means getting paid while getting laid? Good for them. Nice work, if you can get it. And if you get it? Won't you tell me how?

    ReplyDelete