Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE: SEASON 6, EPISODE 9 - DRAG QUEENS OF TALK

On tonight's episode of RuPaul's Drag Race, it's Cher's family members and the drag queens who love them. We've seen them act, we've seen them sing, we've seen them rap, we've seen them tell jokes, but can they interview like pros? The remaining contestants channeled their inner Katie Courics for a conversation with Chaz Bono and Cher's momma, Georgia Holt. Would they be more Oprah or Chevy Chase?

Tonight's episode (the first to edit out insensitive language) featured a mini-challenge that had the remaining seven queens play a game of "Hung Man" with the Scruff pit crew. (It's like Hangman, but with more bearded boys in briefs.) Then, the main challenge was the aforementioned interview segment, with a runway theme focused on an animalistic theme. 
Brace yourself for the lamé stream media. Here are this week's rankings:
1. It’s neck and neck between BenDeLaCreme and Bianca Del Rio. DeLa may have had two rough weeks, but I thought her performance tonight was much better than the rest of the girls. She was sharp and likable chatting with Chaz and Georgia, and her fly look was creepy (without being too Party City). Not picking Ben as tonight’s winner was the judges’ first big blunder of the evening. (Also, her guess of “butterface” with just a “b” on the, um, board during the mini-challenge was this show’s equivalent of “New Baby Buggy.”)
2. I am in full-tilt Bianca Del Rio-crazy mode. Like, so much of my discretionary time is devoted to compulsively watching videos of Bianca performances. I can’t help it, I just love her. In my heart, I still feel like Bianca is going to win this thing, but this week didn’t really give her a chance to shine. The interview was not great. Santino had an interesting theory about Bianca being used to nightclub hosting, and, therefore, not really caring what the answers are. The questions were still smart, even if they weren’t fairly distributed between the two guests.
3. While the top two slots seem rather locked at this point, that third spot still feels very much in play. After weeks of languishing in the middle of the pack, Courtney Act may be making her move. Her runway look was a showstopper, and it should probably go down in herstory as one of the best ensembles to ever grace the main stage. I did not think her interview was better than Ben’s (I agree that the energy was lacking), but it was certainly better than most of the other queens.
4. It’s going to be sad when we have to say goodbye to Adore Delano, but I fear the time may be drawing near. She was a mess in the interview and a mess on the runway. As likable as she might be, her charm just can’t outshine Ben, Bianca and, admittedly, Courtney. She may be able to stick around a few more weeks on personality alone, but I don’t see her making it to the finals, sadly. (But maybe she can pull a Shangela and come back with more experience?)
5. I loved Darienne’s eyes on the runway tonight. I had complained about her face in the past, so I really enjoyed seeing a different mug. Sadly, my love for Darienne ends there. I thought she was nervous in the interview, and I am just plain tired of her attitude. Her lack of confidence is so obvious. Bianca finally called her out for being so hateful during tonight’sUntucked, but it was a long time coming.
6. Just when I was starting to like Trinity, the judges send her packing (their second big mistake of the evening). Yes, the interview wasn’t good (Chad Bono? Really?), but was it worse than Joslyn? No way. Plus, she killed it on the runway (yet again). She might not have made it all the way, but I was really hoping she was going to come from behind and send some of these other ladies home.
7. I am kicking myself for suggesting Joslyn may be smarter than she appears. These last couple of weeks have really forced me to reconsider. When the judges announced Joslyn was safe, I audibly gasped. Shocking. That interview was so bad, I briefly contemplated if it was some kind of performance art. Plus, her runway looks are always awful. (And I can never unhear the phrase “meaty tuck.”)  If anything, the judges have been too kind to the nonsense she struts out in week after week. I was ready for an Adore vs. Joslyn lip sync, with Joslyn sashaying away. It’s only a matter of time.
How would you rank the remaining queens?

SOURCE: TOWELROAD


No comments:

Post a Comment