Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

NAOMI CAMPBELL: I ENCOURAGE FASHION RUNWAYS TO INCLUDE MORE TRANS MODELS


Supermodel Naomi Campbell has called for more trans models to be
accepted on the fashion catwalks.


Speaking at this year’s GLAAD awards at the weekend, Campbell said:
“Along with GLAAD, I encourage even more diversity in the fashion world. That includes welcoming trans models to the runways.”


Going on, Campbell commended model Carmen Carrera for her work for  various fashion magazines, and for a Barney’s campaign which included 17 trans models.

Carrera was involved in a controversy this year when she was asked about her experiences of transition and surgery during
a TV interview.

She went on to introduce actress Ellen Page who
came out as gay earlier this year in a heartfelt speech.
 

SOURCE: PINK NEWS



No comments:

Post a Comment