Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Thursday, April 17, 2014

OBAMA CHOOSES GAY BISHOP TO LEAD EASTER PRAYER

President Barack Obama chose a gay bishop to lead an Easter prayer yesterday (14 April).

Gene Robinson, who made history back in 2003 when he became the first openly gay Anglican bishop in the US, was part of the fifth annual Easter Prayer Breakfast Monday.

The breakfast marks the beginning of the Holy Week at the White House, a tradition started by Obama Administration in 2010.

‘I want to thank you for your ministries, for your good works, for the marching you do for justice and dignity and inclusion,’ Obama said, before closing with a jokey prayer.

He said: ‘Lord fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff and nudge me when I’ve said enough.”

Pastor Joel Hunter offered the opening prayer, with the sermon delivered by Reverend Otis Moss.

Carlos Whittaker, a Christian singer/songwriter performed.
Then, in an unplanned move, President Obama called on Robinson to lead the closing prayer.

Sharing his surprise, he tweeted: ‘POTUS “preaches” at the Easter prayer breakfast.

‘Then, out of the blue, asks ME to close with prayer. OMG! #privilege.’


Obama and the first lady Michelle will be hosting a Seder at the White House today (15 April), to celebrate the Jewish holiday of Passover.

SOURCE: GAY STAR NEWS

No comments:

Post a Comment