Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

NEON TREES LEAD SINGER TYLER GLENN, COMES OUT PUBLICLY AS GAY

Tyler Glenn, the lead vocalist and keyboardist of the American alternative rock band Neon Trees, has come out publicly as gay.
'I've always felt like I'm an open book, and yet obviously I haven't been completely,' he tells Rolling Stone magazine in an issue out Friday (28 March).

The 30 year old musician's coming out is especially noteworthy because he is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints which helped fund the passage of California's Proposition 8 in 2008 which banned gay marriage for a time.

'We were always taught, and I hate this word, "tolerance,"' Glenn says in regards to his church's stance on homosexuality. 'The only time that felt different was when the Prop 8 thing came up.'

He began coming out to people last October but he has known he was gay since he was a child.

'I had my crushes on guys throughout high school, but it was never an overwhelming thing until my twenties,' he says. 'Then I'd be dating girls and in love with my straight friend and it was the worst feeling in the world.'


After the story hit online today, Glenn sent out this tweet: 'Yes. I am a happy and healthy Mormon gay pop star. I don't know what it all means, but I'm ok with it.'

SOURCE: GAY STAR NEWS

2 comments: