Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

WWE WRESTLER: COMING OUT HAS MADE ME THE HAPPIEST I'VE EVER BEEN

A World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) star who came out as gay last year has said doing so made him the “happiest he’s ever been”.


Now, speaking to Huffington Post, Young said: “I’m the happiest I’ve ever been, and life has been good to me. I perform for the greatest company in the world, WWE, and I’m happily in love with my partner, Nicki. He makes me smile, supports me in everything I do and keeps me grounded.

“It was the final step on the journey to self-acceptance, and I’m glad I can say now that I truly love myself. I’ve grown so much as a person over the past year, and I hope that sharing my experience will encourage others to follow their own path.

“People who are struggling with coming out often ask me for advice, and, in my opinion, the best first step you can take is coming out to those who are closest to you. The most painful experience was hiding my true self from those I loved. I can honestly say that coming out to my inner circle was the best thing I’ve ever done.”

He continued: “I don’t expect everyone to embrace equality overnight, but we are making great progress… Coming out has instilled in me a sense of confidence that I’ve never felt before, and I’m happy to have full control over my life without fear of disapproval. I don’t need people in my life to bring me down.”

WWE released a statement after Young came out, stating that it was “proud” of him for doing so.

SOURCE: PINK NEWS

1 comment: