Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

GAY AUSTRALIAN COWBOYS DAN & MIKI SHARE THEIR REAL 'BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN' LIFE

Two Australian men are being tauted as a real-life version of the iconic cowboy couple seen in 2005's "Brokeback Mountain."
Australia's SBS Network recently profiled Dan Smith and Miki Velickovski, a gay couple who are defying stereotypes by living and ranching in North Queensland, Australia.

"The coming out process was a bit different because I couldn't see myself living with a partner on the land, and farming and associating with other farmers and be gay at the same time," the 34-year-old Smith, who became active on the rodeo circuit in his teens, said.

That all changed, of course, when he met Velickovski, 32. The pair now lives together on a 155-acre beef cattle ranch.


"I'm not going to go and say something gooey like it was love at first sight, but it was pretty close," Smith said.


SOURCE: THE HUFFINGTON POST

2 comments: