Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

FORMER TEAMMATE DEFENDS MICHAEL SAM

The National Football League player who beat Michael Sam for a spot on the St. Louis Rams thinks he should be on a team.

In an end of December interview with TMZ, Ethan Westbrooks called Sam a 'great teammate.' He noted they continued to be friends even after the out rookie was cut in August.

'We both had an opportunity to show who can help the team more and show we belong,'  Westbrooks said to TMZ.

'I was just more of a fit for the current direction the team wanted to go in,' he continued.

Westbrooks noted one of the reasons he gave up on Twitter during training camp was the multiple anti-gay comments people made about Sam.

'It got to a point I had to delete the app from my phone and just focus on the game.'

As for Sam's football future, Westbrooks hopes it includes a place on a team.

'The NFL is hard man. I wish him the best and hope nothing but the best for him.'


GSN loves Sam, but we also love when fellow football players stand up for their colleague.

SOURCE: GAY STAR NEWS


2 comments: