Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Friday, February 22, 2013

THIS WEEKEND'S BOX-OFFICE: 2/22/2013


This weekend will the movies Dark Skies and Snitch hit theaters. I am not sure if I am going to see any of these flicks {as much as I LOVE The Rock} his new movie isn't high on my must see list.

Snitch


PROS:


- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has proven to become something of a box office draw in recent years with movies like Journey 2 and Fast Five.
- Action fans disappointed with A Good Day to Die Hard may decide to give this one a shot.

CONS:


- With no family boost and having to sell the movie by himself, this could easily end up being another Faster -- which starred Johnson and disappointed in 2010.
- Flixster activity isn't far ahead of The Last Stand at the same point before release. 

Dark Skies


PROS:


- The horror genre has seen its share of surprise hits in recent years.
- The PG-13 rating will help bring in teenage audiences.

CONS:


- The teenage audience doesn't turn every horror flick into a breakout like Mama earlier this year.
- In addition, next week's The Last Exorcism Part II could further soften upfront demand for Dark Skies.
- Twitter activity has been questionable with a high volume of tweets, but low positive-to-negative ratio.

No comments:

Post a Comment