Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Thursday, May 21, 2009

SILENT WITNESS



Among numbers, I am zero.
I am without value
But I add value to everything else.
I remain an enigma, a singularity.
You can approach me by many paths,
Getting closer every day,
But you can never reach me.
I am the only example
Of non-existence.
I am the Sun.
You see because of me,
But you cannot see me.
I do not twinkle,
But the air moved by me makes stars do so.
I am beyond life and living
I am nothing till you stand before me.
You think you see yourself in me.
It is an illusion, a distorted illusion.
You still come to me
As there is no other way
Of knowing your face!
Among desires I am the probability.
I am the cause of all effort.
I determine hope and despair.
I am the mind.
I do not travel.
I just reach.
I can be everywhere,
I can be nowhere.
I am not matter,
I am not energy,
I am not thought.
I am from where
Matter, energy, thought
All emanate…
As I quietly watch the world
Alone inside out watching life unfurl
To life’s incomplete completeness
Oh the pains of a silent witness…

© tgk

No comments:

Post a Comment