Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Sunday, May 3, 2009

¿RELIGION = TOILET BOWL TIME MANAGEMENT?


If you devote serious time to the practice of religion, it’s safe to say you practice toilet-bowl time management, flushing much of your precious life down the drain with little or nothing to show for it. First, you’ll waste a lot of time filling your head with useless nonsense. This includes reading some of the worst fiction ever written. Then there are various rules, laws, and practices to learn…Seriously, if you have insomnia, try reading religious texts before bedtime. You’ll be asleep faster than you can say Sodom and Gomorrah. Why do you think hotels put Bibles next to the bed? It’s the greatest sedative known to man and once you finally realize your head has been filled with utter nonsense, you must then purge such garbage from your mind if you want your brain to be functional again. That can take considerably longer, assuming you succeed at all. It’s like trying to God to actually talk to a pastor…Can anyone tell me why we waste SO time on repetitive ritual and ceremony, such as attending mass, learning prayers, and practicing unproductive meditations? If I add up the time I attended mass and Sunday school, studied religion in school as if it were a serious subject, and memorized various prayers, I count thousands of hours of my life I’d love to have back. I did, however, learn some important lessons, many of which are being shared in this blog entry. I especially remember listening to a lot of bad sermons; most priests are hideously poor speakers. Maybe it’s the wine they drink during mass OR all that smoke incents that they constantly use in my church, but I digress…NONETHELESS, I AM SO GRATEFUL THAT I DON’T DEVOTE MY TIME & PRECIOUS ENERGY TO ANY RELIGIOUS PRACTICE. SO MUCH OF LIFE IS WASTE ON POINTLESS DEAD-END PURSUITS AS IT IS, SO WHY DO WE CONSTANTLY DELUDE OURSELVES WITH SUCH FALSE PRETENSES SUCH AS RELIGION?

No comments:

Post a Comment