Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Thursday, October 13, 2022

💅🏽 SHANGELA CHECKS ALFONSO RIBEIRO FOR SAYING HER NAME WRONG ON DANCING WITH THE STARS 📺


The Dancing With the Stars co-host keeps calling her "Angela."

Who is this Angela you speak of?

https://twitter.com/JillianSed/status/1579638144051580928

Shangela has been killing it in the ballroom of Dancing With the Stars season 31, but cohost Alfonso Ribeiro happened to call her “Angela” a few times throughout the season. After getting her name wrong about three times in these first four episodes, Shangie finally decided to say something.

As seen in the clip below, Ribeiro asked Shangela a question about her performance during episode four. “But the real question: did you learn my name?” the queen asked in a lighthearted way and proceeded to give him a hug. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air alum responded:

“Well. Hello! I mean, listen. You got to me before I got to you! Actually, I wanted to say, in the last couple of weeks, I did actually say your name a couple of times wrong. Now, I did say ‘Angela,’ which is my wife’s name. So it was a term of endearment, you know what I’m saying?”

Shangela responded, “You know I love you, baby. I’ve loved you, baby, and you are my Alfondo.” Here, Shangie clearly mispronounced his name – which is Alfonso – as a joke and also as a way of getting back at him. They finished up this interaction laughing.

It’s worth noting that Ribeiro did indeed call Shangela ‘Angela’ a few times on DWTS – something that fans had already been clocking on social media. By week four, she probably felt like something had to be said about it on the air.

This week, Shangie brought out Courtney Act, Priyanka, and Patrick Starrr to be in the audience rooting for her. Act previously competed on the Australian version of Dancing With the Stars and finished as the runner-up, so she clearly has some experience when it comes to the ballroom.

Hopefully, Ribeiro won’t be making this mistake again after getting politely checked by Shangie on TV.

Dancing With the Stars season 31 airs Mondays on Disney+.

SOURCE: OUT DOT COM



No comments:

Post a Comment