Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

YOU HAVE TO WATCH WILL YOUNG'S MOVING NEW MUSIC VIDEO ABOUT A NAKED TRANS MAN


If ever there was a brave man, it is the star of Will Young’s new music video – a trans male that walks through an English seaside city completely naked.

The gay singer has revealed his new music video Brave Man from his album 85% Proof today (19 October).

The video follows a real life trans man called Finn as he sets his clothes down at a pub, and he walks naked through the city with only two Polaroid pictures covering his privates.

He encounters anger, ignorance and some kindness, but he doesn’t stop on his mission to the beach.

The video is interspersed with Will singing about shaking off past scars and choosing to be brave.

Speaking about the choice for the video, he said: ‘I know that transgender people do not like being called brave. It is something that is innate. Not a choice, but a given. Being a gay man I feel the same. I wasn’t “brave” to come out it was simply what I had to do.

‘I am used to prejudice though. Through tough times embracing myself as someone “different” allowed me to embrace all differences in others, to embrace their vulnerability and their struggles as well as their inner strength and determination to be their true authentic selves. When I wrote the song, this is what I was referring to – the determination in modern life to be my authentic self.

‘In this video we see a man determined to be himself in the face of all adversity from inside and outside. It isn’t brave but, my god, it shows true grit and strength. What a wonderful thing. This video isn’t about selling records or my personal benefit. This video is about taking a moment in time to explore a section of society who stand up for themselves. To tell a story and offer a window through music into someone’s life.’


SOURCE: GAY STAR NEWS

No comments:

Post a Comment