Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Thursday, July 2, 2015

¡AFFIRM YOURSELF!

Many of us use the world outside to validate us. The older I became, the more I realized that the only person that needed to validate you is you. I learned the importance of affirming myself.  Affirmations can allow you to write your own narrative in effort to prevent others from writing it for you....

I am enough.
I am more than enough.
Fear can no longer outweigh the peace that comes with being me.
I am beautifully flawed.
I am unapologetically gay.
I am always in a state of becoming.
Being who I am is my blessing, not my crime.
I am not my hair.
I am more than a statistic.
I am more than the stigma placed upon me.
I love me some me.
I will walk in my truth.
I have faith.
As a gay male, I fight the many things that attempt to kill me every day.  
I am intersectional.
I am living not simply existing.
I am worthy of receiving love.
I am talented.
I am full of light and love.
I take care of my body.
I am more than a label.
I grow stronger everyday.
I was born this way.
I will no longer fear the unknown.
It is okay to make mistakes.
My flaws remind me I am human, perfection is never the goal.
I am blessed and highly favored.
I am amazing.
Most of all, I AM HERE!


These affirmations not only help me through my day but also help to navigate me through life.  I feel it is important that we have affirmations because love starts from within. If we are able to give ourselves love first, we will never have to go search for outside acceptance of it from the wrong places. Be bold in whatever it is that you do and always remember that you are important not because of anything you do, but simply because you exist!

1 comment: