Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Monday, July 20, 2015

HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED WHEN 30 GAY MEN WERE ASKED TO RESPOND TO THE WORD 'FAGGOT'


The word ‘faggot’ for gay men holds a lot of power.
But gay men respond to it in a lot of ways, demonstrated here in a video where 30 react in very different ways.

Cut Video, as part of their One Word series, asked these men of different ages, races and backgrounds to give their immediate reaction to the slur.

Some described it as ‘a lot of pain, like sadness’, while others called it ‘disgusting’ or ‘rude’.

One said: ‘I’m a faggot, there you go. ‘Cause once I use the word, it no longer has power.

And of course one responded:


SOURCE: GAY STAR NEWS

No comments:

Post a Comment