Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Thursday, March 16, 2023

ZAYA WADE JUST LANDED HER 1st MAGAZINE COVER


You go, girl!

Give Zaya Wade a round of applause!

The fifteen-year-old daughter of Dwyane Wade and Gabrielle Union is already a fashion icon, human rights advocate, and cultural leader, and now, she’s a cover star! Wade made her magazine cover debut on the latest issue of Dazed, where she covers the Fashion issue.

The interview covers a wide range of topics, including high school, working in fashion, her relationship with her mother, what makes her feel empowered, and setting boundaries as a young person in the spotlight.

“I am my own person and I have my own experiences, but for me, as a role model, I try to use my personal experience to broadcast the positives and also the negatives in life, because a lot of LGBTQ+ youth go unrecognized in every way,” Wade tells the magazine. “I think I am here to share those experiences: to voice them, but also to enhance them. So the world can know, ‘We are here, we are queer, we are here to stay, and we aren’t going anywhere.’”

She also shared that she’d love prom dresses designed by Prada and Valentino, and if she could have her dream artist sing at her upcoming Sweet 16 birthday party, it would be SZA.

“There is so much in the future that can be done, so much that can be changed,” Wade said at the end of the interview. “It’s inspiring to know that we are a new generation. Gen Z is so special. As I am getting older and I’m realizing more about this world, I think this generation that’s up and coming is everything. Being able to educate the next generation so they can educate the next generation. We can make strides to normalize acceptance through education.”

Wade first came out three years ago when she was just 12 years old, and just recently granted a legal name and gender change from the courts. Her parents have been incredibly supportive and affirming of her whole journey, changing the way we look at parents of trans youth.

SOURCE: OUT DOT COM


No comments:

Post a Comment