Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Monday, August 22, 2022

📣 UPDATE 🎤 'CAN WE TALK' SINGER TEVIN CAMPBELL CONFIRMS HE IS GAY 🏳️‍🌈


The R&B star is seemingly opening up about his sexuality.

UPDATE, 8/18/2022: 

Tevin Campbell is officially confirming his sexuality. 

During a Wednesday interview with People Magazine's Every Day podcast, the R&B star, who is best known for his classic '90s tracks like "Can We Talk" and "I'm Ready," reminisced about his decades-long career in the music/entertainment industry so far, while also giving listeners a rare glimpse into his personal life. 

As Out reported earlier this year back in March, Campbell seemingly came out publicly in a quote-tweet replying to a fan, writing "Tevin is," accompanied by the rainbow flag and sunglasses emojis, though he later deleted that tweet. Now, months later, Campbell is officially confirming he is gay. 

"When I came out to my family and friends [at] about 19 or 20, that was it for me," he told People about coming out to those closest to him in life years ago. "And then I went on the road of discovering myself. I didn't know who I was."

He continued: 

"What makes me happiest right now is how far I’ve come in life. You know, there are a lot of child stars that don’t make it. But a lot of us do, and the fact that I’ve embraced me."

ORIGINAL, 3/11/2022:

Can we talk for a minute? Because it looks like Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter and R&B star Tevin Campbell is opening up about his sexuality. 

In a now-deleted tweet that was screenshotted by celebrity gossip and news site The Jasmine Brand and posted to Instagram, the 45-year-old crooner, who is best known for his early '90s classics like "Can We Talk" and "I'm Ready," reportedly confirmed that he is gay to a fan. 

"My mom keeps telling me Luther Vandross, Teddy Pendergrass, and Tevin Campbell were gay," the fan's tweet read, to which Campbell simply quote-tweeted and said, "Tevin is," accompanied by the rainbow flag and sunglasses emojis. 

And speaking of emojis, as of writing, the rainbow flag emoji is also now included in Campbell's Twitter bio on his verified account


Though his tweet has since been deleted, HotNewHipHop points out that Campbell did reply to another Twitter user who said he was going to be banned from the state of Florida soon (a reference to the state's controversial "Don't Say Gay" bill), saying, "I'll live," and that tweet is still up at the time of writing. 

Speculation about Campbell's sexuality has circulated for years, and throughout his entire career, he had never addressed it until now. 

Campbell made a splash in the music world with his 1993, Babyface-produced smash hit single "Can We Talk," from his sophomore album I'm Ready.

Many Disney kids also know him from the 1995 animated film A Goofy Movie, where he voiced fictitious popstar Powerline and blessed the world with the quintessential '90s bops "Stand Out" and "I2I."


SOURCE: OUT DOT COM


No comments:

Post a Comment