Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Friday, April 17, 2015

LAVERNE COX POSES NUDE TO BREAK DOWN MYTH THAT TRANS WOMEN ARE NOT BEAUTIFUL

Laverne Cox looks stunning in a new series of photographs, with the actress hoping to break down myths surrounding trans women.

The Orange Is The New Black star posed for Allure magazine's annual nude feature, alongside Jordana Brewster (Furious 7), Katheryn Winnick (Vikings), Nicole Beharie (Sleepy Hollow) and Sandrine Holt (The Returned).

'I said no initially, thought about it, and said no again,' LGBTI advocate told the magazine.

'But I'm a black transgender woman. I felt this could be really powerful for the communities that I represent.'

She added: 'Black women are not often told that we're beautiful unless we align with certain standards. Trans women certainly are not told we're beautiful.

'Seeing a black transgender woman embracing and loving everything about her body might be inspiring for some folks. 

There's a beauty in the things we think are imperfect. It sounds very cliché, but it's true.

'Going through life you try to cover and hide but it doesn't really work.'


Orange Is The New Black season 3 airs on Netflix on 12 June. Read the new issue of Allure on 28 April.

SOURCE: GAY STAR NEWS

No comments:

Post a Comment