Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Monday, April 6, 2015

MICHAEL SAM COULD BE JOINING CANADIAN FOOTBALL TEAM

The first openly gay football player Michael Sam isn't on a team at the moment, but that might be about to change.

Jim Popp, the general manager of the Montreal Alouettes, believes he has a 50/50 shot of signing the player before training starts at the end of May.

The athlete, currently appearing on Dancing With The Stars, has said he is determined to return to the game by any means necessary.
Sam made history last year when he became the first openly gay player to be drafted by an NFL team. He was later cut by the St. Louis Rams and the Dallas Cowboys.

'The [Canadian Football League] is cut out perfectly for his style,' Popp said. 'It would give him the opportunity to do what he does best.'

He said it's up to Sam to make the decision to see if he wants to join the CFL, saying 'our chances are 50/50'.

At a recent NFL veterans combine in Arizona, Sam said he was optimistic after being cut last year.

'I”m young and I’m still good. I don’t have any injuries. I’m going to play,' he told reporters. 'Whoever wants me. Absolutely, I think my chances are high.

'As long as I have that will to play the game and I’m healthy, you’ll continue to see me trying to play (in the NFL). I’m very confident I’ll be playing football somewhere.'

And if that includes Montreal, he'll be happy with that.

'If that’s the opportunity, I’ll take it. I’m a fighter and I’m going to keep fighting.'

SOURCE: GAY STAR NEWS

No comments:

Post a Comment