Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Monday, August 27, 2012

FOREVER POKING...








When I was a child I was taught the
saying, "Sticks and stones may break
my bones, but words can never hurt me."
At the time, I saw the sense
of it. Words, being intangible, have no ability to inflict physical harm.
Whenever another child said something mean to me, I would loudly recite the
saying at them, using it like a magical incantation that would protect me from
getting my feelings hurt. I usually said it with tears running down my cheeks.




As an adult I've come to see that the
saying is, like many things taught to children, a lie. The truth is that bones
heal, while the damage done by words can last a lifetime. I bring it up here
only to remind those who go behind the backs of bloggers and report various
violations WITHOUT making contact
with the blogger they have issues with. Please be mindful of the ‘power’ you wield. And that is the power
to wound with words {claims}. You may
have the ‘power’ to shut blogs down, but
DEEP down we all know that you will forever
be poking, but never really penetrating.




But I should tread carefully here. I
don't want to now become the very thing I decry. So I want to reiterate that if
anyone sees an image here and would like to get their deserved recognition
please do NOT hesitate in letting me
know how you’d like to be given acknowledgment, THANK YOU
J




No comments:

Post a Comment