Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

THE PHRASE OF OUR EXISTENCE





I hear the phrase "it is what it is" a lot these
days. I like it. The words strike me as an attempt to express a minor epiphany.
The speaker is announcing in a casual way that they accurately perceive an
unchangeable reality and have accepted it as such. There's no defeat implied,
it's just an articulation of consciousness doing its thing.


To me, this represents the injustices
of this planet. An evolutionary step forward from "c'est la vie,"
which implied a weary, apathetic resignation. The ‘please bend me over and
f*&k me again’, if you will. Another phrase I've been hearing quite often
is, "it's all good." This
one really bothers me. A quick look around would indicate that "it" is not even remotely "all good." This in my mind
represents the state of world we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment