Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

SHARON GLESS URGES FLORIDIANS TO 'GET ENGAGED' WITH GAY MARRIAGE CAMPAIGN



Actress Sharon Gless is urging Floridians to “get engaged” with the state's ongoing campaign to legalize gay marriage.

In a 50-second video released Sunday, Gless endorses Equality Florida'sGet Engaged campaign.

“I can't imagine what my life would be like if somebody told me that I couldn't marry the person I love,” Gless says in the clip. “And yet that is what is going on in the State of Florida every day, when they tell thousands of men and women that they cannot have what we all want: To marry the one person we love with all our heart. I'm Sharon Gless and I'm asking you to support Equality Florida. And join Get Engaged in the fight for marriage equality.”

Nadine Smith, CEO of Equality Florida, applauded Gless for publicly expressing her support.

“We are at a tipping point in the movement for full equality, and the voices of allies like Sharon Gless will make a huge difference,” Smith said.

LGBT audiences will likely remember Gless, 70, for her unforgeable performances as Det. Sgt. Christine Cagney in Cagney & Lacey and Debbie Novotny in Showtime's groundbreaking gay drama Queer as Folk.

SOURCE: ON TOP MAG


2 comments:

  1. Love this woman! She was my favorite in Cagney & Lacey. If she's in it, I'll watch it!

    ReplyDelete