Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Sunday, March 22, 2009

FRIENDS DON'T...ENEMIES WON'T...

Many of my FRIENDS tend to forget that I am a unique person whose attributes, attitude AND perspectives are to be admired even if they do not fully gel with their own. For this reason I tend to seek out uniqueness in others AND relish in their individuality AND differences. However, as of late I find myself shying away from people because I can NO longer make excuses for the life they live; and I am NOT about being anyone’s moral compass. Call me crazy, but I thought that being a TRUE friend meant that I should see you as my equal? Nonetheless, I’ve to come to realize that I have to be a friend to myself first and foremost. Hence I try to live for the GREATER cause. I find that SO many of my friends seem to OVERLOOK the FACT that we’re part of something greater than ourselves. So if we all are about LIVING a life that is worth something, I can’t in all in consciousness keep the close contact with certain friends of mine. I find that most of them focus on the short-term, that tangible gain that drives them…all for what? So do I really have any choice but to expand my mind so that I can transcend the distinction between self and them? Why should I SACRIFICE myself and maintain a relationship that ONLY seeks the scraps that life offers? I would like to think that me deciding to NOT be what friends think I should be a good thing since I am honoring them with MY honesty. Isn’t it? I live a life that offers VERY little room for fear OR doubt. So if my choosing is to actually LIVE, why would anyone want to be punished because they are not? Just shows me that as humans we take what we need and the other stuff we cast aside because it does not serve our purpose; and that would be all good with me but…Life is all about growth AND evolution so if I am pulling my friends across the fence with me and all they do is weigh themselves down, what should I do? I get my place in the human system AND I understand the order of things; yet it HURTS me to walk away, but what choice do I have? I can’t continue to bring persons with me that hurt themselves AND call it life when it is NOT! It is a KNOWN fact that ALL actions have CONSEQUENCES and it is OUR responsibility to be good to karma because it can bite you in the ass later. Yet my friends would rather that I compromise myself so they can feel better about themselves when they know that I can’t. I guess the notion that the OLDER we get, the more JADED we become is true…Pity most of us don’t change as the seasons change AND progress…I am NOT about forcing others to do as I see fit. The only thing I have control over is MY inner thoughts AND outer actions. And I can provide information, influence AND suggestions, but the desire to live decent human lives must come from them…FRIENDSHIP TO ME IS AN EPITOME OF WHOLENESS & INTEGRATION, WITH A WARM SPOT IN THE CENTER THAT’S THE SYMBOLIZATION OF OUR COLLECTIVE SPIRITS. LIKE A CANDLE USED TO LIGHT ANOTHER, THE CONNECTION THAT RESULTS GOES BEYOND TIME N’ SPACE…HOWEVER, I AM THE LIGHT THAT HAS TO KEEP ILLUMINATING THE OTHERS BECAUSE THEY REFUSE TO TRY. THERE IS POWER IN NUMBERS & I BELIEVE WE CAN INDEED CHANGE, BUT I NEED MEN & WOMEN THAT ARE READY…SO AS I WALK THROUGH THE WORLD, I HOPE THAT REALIZE THAT MY REAL FRIENDS DON’T EXPLANATION FOR WHO I AM & MY ENEMIES WON’T EVER BELIEVE IN ME…SO THEY’LL HAVE TO CHOOSE A SIDE, I KNOW I HAVE…

No comments:

Post a Comment