Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A VICTORIOUS NIGHT...

From the moment I woke up yesterday, I wanted to just stay in bed with the covers over my head as I let myself slip into a pitiful state that is my life. However that all changed last night as I was reminded about how good I have it by a lady that asked me for some money @ a stoplight on my way for Noel. So I gave her the dollar that I’ve been saving for such an occasion…she took it with a smile and then asked me IF I HAD ANYTHING TO EAT IN THE CAR I TOLD HER NO…she then asked, IF I’D JUST COME FROM THE GYM OR SOMETHING (and yall if you’d seen me this body ain’t NO gym body)…FAR from it. I told her that I just came from home and she then told me to have A VICTORIOUS NIGHT…I was TOTALLY blown away by that and the smile she placed on my face QUICKLY left as I watched her walked away in rearview mirror while tears fill my eyes. I mean here I am feeling sorry for myself and this lady has NO food to eat, NO roof over her head OR someone to LOVE and keep her till things turn around…I have it better than her AND I THANK GOD for placing her in that spot so I can be reminded of who I am, where I am going AND what’s in store for me…This lady is NO doubt an angel, a keeper of knowledge and the holder of wisdom. In her plight she was able to bring me out of a place I didn’t belong. She was able to get me to LISTEN WITH MY EYES and give myself the undivided attention that I needed because DEEP down I know that there is MORE to life than what I am living @ this moment. And the sense of freedom, peace N’ joy that I crave will come as they are my innate birthright. She reminded me that the words AND ideas that I carry with me can shape my life AND drive me toward success AND happiness or failure AND distress. So when a NEGATIVE thought enters my mind, I will immediately replace it with a constructive OR optimistic one…For I know that with persistence, I can condition my mind to judge fleeting, self-defeating thoughts as trivial AND dismiss them…THOSE MERE WORDS UTTERED TO ME BY A LADY ON THE STREETS SHOWED ME THAT I HAVE THE POWER TO BE HAPPY & SUCCESSFUL AS I MAKE UP MY MIND TO BE…EVEN THOUGH STAYING POSITIVE WILL NOT HAVE AN IMMEDIATE EFFECT ON MY SITUATION, IT WILL UNDOUBTEDLY HAVE A PROFOUND & IMMEDIATE EFFECT ON MY MOOD…SO HERE’S TO ME HAVING A VICTORIOUS NIGHT THAT WILL UNDOUBTEDLY LEAD TO A WONDERFUL FUTURE…

No comments:

Post a Comment