Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Thursday, March 5, 2009

¿CAN I GOOGLE YOU?


The other day I was doing my regular blog reading and I came upon a blog that didn’t permit me access. @ First I thought I made a mistake so when I tried to get onto the blog the message came up letting me know that I have to be invited to view said blog. So me being me, I decided to hit up the person via yahoo and ask what was going on. He then told me that a friend of his was denied a job because of something she wrote on her blog. Apparently companies are GOOGLING potential candidates to see if there is anything they can find out about them via their social networking sites. Of course her being a LESBIAN has NO bearing on her ability to perform @ her ENTRY-LEVEL-JOBtalk about THE TYRANNY OF THE (supposingly) MAJORITY huh? It ALWAYS get me how the INTELLIGENT persons within society TEND TO BE AFRAID OF WHAT THEY DON’T UNDERSTAND…I mean why waste your time N’ energy thinking about what someone else is doing in THEIR bedroom? And since it's none of their business, shouldn’t they oh I don’t know maybe hire the best person for the job instead of trying to find a reason NOT to hire someone? I feel that is an EXTREMELY poor reason to put a whole class of people in the very real garbage…don’t you? Why punish someone so you can feel superior to another? It is OBVIOUS that there is a SERIOUS case of little OR no self-esteem coupled with a HUGE inferiority complex that causes this type of behavior. This nearsighted N’ intolerant view of life FURTHER limits one understanding of the world. I suppose them seeing HOMOSEXUALS wildly dressed and bizarre as they participate in the pride parades colors their view. However that’s NO excuse because it is DUMB to judge an entire community based on a few…I know that there are times in life when one can claim IGNORANCE; however this isn’t one of those times…Our economy is in bad shape AND we need all hands on deck…And if some of those hands are attached to persons of the SAME-SEX PERSUASION SO BE IT! TO LOOSE A CHANCE TO HIRE SOMEONE BASED ON SEXUALITY IS VERY HURTFUL FOR BOTH SIDES. I KNOW THAT BLOGGING IS A MAJOR PART OF MY LIFE, IT IS THE ONE PLACE I CAN GO & BE ME & I FIND IT SAD THAT WE HAVE TO GO BACK INTO THE CLOSET BECAUSE OF HATRED & BIGOTRY…

No comments:

Post a Comment