Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Sunday, November 21, 2010

¡AIN'T NOTHING LIKE THE REAL THING!

Often in our lives, we fall prey to the idea of a thing rather than actually experiencing the thing itself, and when it comes to religion, I feel like this holds true. I often wonder how persons can ‘speak in tongues’ then use that VERY same tongue to spew hate @ another person. I LOVE how the pursuit of God is laden with SO much pomp and pageantry that does NOT lead those involved to an authentic experience of him/her.

I am of the opinion that a spiritual connection with a higher being is identifiable by the way it makes us feel and it should feel GOOD! I believe that this feeling should bring a peaceful quality that penetrates to the core; touching persons in ways they didn’t they could be touched. A TRUE spiritual experience activates the inner being, filling the host with warmth and light. It does NOT ask for its host to HATE, BASH or FORCE others into being like them! Pity that they would say come as you are, NO changes required yet…

I just hope that one day, ‘religious’ folk would get that when people truly connect to a higher being, it awakens a spirit in them that has NO place for anything other than LOVE! Religious folk merely show me that what they seek outside of themselves is a mirror image of the spirit within; and I JUST LOVE how religion has SO uniquely armored itself against criticism, questioning, and self-correction. I LOVE it even more how this armor protects it against the reality checks that act, to a limited degree and in the long run, to keep evil in check. I believe that WITHOUT religion, we can indeed TRULY become spiritually aligned  with that divine being. 

No comments:

Post a Comment