Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Wednesday, June 23, 2021

🙅🏽‍♂️¡NO MORE SEX SHAMING!👎🏽


So with Pride month coming to a close, I’m sure many of wonder, why would anyone want to be a slut? After all, this word is deeply misogynistic, where women are criticized for dressing a certain way and for having openly active sex lives. This negativity also spills into the gay world to some extent, particularly when STIs are involved and people get on their high horse by labeling people as sluts.

The trouble with the word ‘slut’ is the insinuated shame that surrounds it. I’ve come to the conclusion that some people just love sex and as long as they are clued up on the risks and look after themselves, then who is anyone to judge?

Can 2021 be the year of sexual liberation for us? Can we ever just be men that indulge in sexual encounters when the need demands? You wouldn’t think this would be difficult in the age of hook-up apps, yet we can’t seem to cum to terms with some of us having an active sexual life.

I’m not saying not to call people out on their ridiculousness, but we can take a step back and let folks have sex for sex sake. Let go of the external things that forces us to be prudish and try to find more ways in which we can be sex positive.



1 comment:

  1. There's a wonderful book out there for gay men called The Ethical Slut. I've been one since about 1996, when my freek flag unfurled. I tell you, yes... you get branded. The A-Gays want nothing to do with you - especially professionally. It has cost me a lot, personally, but I can't be any other way. The nice thing is? I know myself so well now. As in... I know when I am NOT having fun. And that's when I alter my behavior accordingly. It's time we move beyond the negative and embrace our true selves.

    ReplyDelete