Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Thursday, February 16, 2017

HIV: ¿IS THE HOPE FOR A MIRACLE CURE JUST MAGICAL THINKING?


I can’t stop myself from hoping that someday we will see a miracle cure and HIV will be history. I know this isn’t realistic. But whenever I see a mention of a miracle cure, I can’t stop myself from checking it out. Always disappointing. Should we give up hope?

In my experience, we hear those words a lot when we are talking about HIV. Let’s start with hope. Hope for what? Well, for a lot of things. Hope for a good day. Hope for understanding. Hope for effective health care.

And for many other people living with HIV — hope for new directions in treatment. Hope can motivate you to stay super informed about HIV, to research the latest and greatest treatments. Hope is empowering.

Hope can also cause you to take a moment to take a quick look, or a long look, when you run across words like “revolutionary,” “breakthrough,” and, most seductive of all, “miracle.”


Should we hold out hope for a miracle cure when it comes HIV?

No comments:

Post a Comment