Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Monday, September 7, 2015

WATCH: ELLEN DeGENERES SMASHES GENDER STEREOTYPES WITH KIDS CLOTHING LINE FOR GAP

"Whether they skateboard or dance, wear dresses or jeans, build forts or paint rainbows, or everything in between,” says the Gap website, Gap x ED is "for girls just as they are". Launched as part of Ellen's new lifestyle brand ED, Gap x ED will see $250,000 of profits from its sales donated to Girls Inc, a charity which encourages girls to be confident.

Gap x ED's ethos is captured with t-shirt and bag slogans such as "Be your own hero" and "Strong, brave, fearless, creative" and my favorite Shakespeare quote "Though she be little but she is fierce" (I wonder if they do those for people who are kid-height but adult-wide?!). 

Here's Ellen with her take on the philosophy behind the range:


SOURCE: SHE WIRED


No comments:

Post a Comment