Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Friday, September 18, 2015

APPLE CEO TIM COOK: COMING OUT WAS MORE IMPORTANT THAN MY PRIVACY

He said: “Every day I come to work, and in front of my desk I have a photo of Dr Martin Luther King. Every day I ask myself, it’s Dr King’s quote: ‘Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, what are you doing for others?’

“It became so clear to me that kids were getting bullied in school, kids were getting basically discriminated against, kids were even being disclaimed by their own parents and that I needed to do something,

“Where I value my privacy significantly, I felt that I was valuing it too far above what I could do for the people.
“I wanted to tell everyone my truth. Many people already know. For many people, it was no revelation.

He joked: “It’s like discovering something on your iPhone it’s always done… but you didn’t quite know it!


“It wasn’t a revelation to many of the people I work with, but it was to the broader world, and I felt a tremendous responsibility to do it.”

SOURCE: PINK NEWS

No comments:

Post a Comment