Pages

I AM...

I am whatever YOU think I am until YOU get to KNOW me. This is true for everyone else too, of course.. so don't make assumptions about anyone or pass judgment; ask questions. You might just make a new friend.

Followers

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

GAY WRESTLER DARREN YOUNG SLAMS WWE TOUR OF UNITED ARAB EMIRATES

 
Darren Young has criticized the WWE for its three-day tour of the United Arab Emirates, where gay sex is illegal.

WWE decided not to take the openly gay wrestler to Abu Dhabi for his own safety.

'Why do we bring the best entertainment into a country [sic] like Abu Dhabi and they look down upon women and gays? I get it! #MillionsofDollars,' he tweeted on Tuesday (10 February) night.

Within minutes, Young deleted the tweets, seemingly at the behest of WWE, and replaced them with the following posts:

'My freedom of speech is gone. Gone but not forgotten.
'I feel like no none has my back and it upsets me. The struggle is real. I’m human.'

Fans and several WWE Superstars, including Lance Storm and Sean Waltman, offered their support.


Within hours of the tweets, WWE released the following statement:
'WWE does not discriminate against individuals regardless of age, race, religion or sexual orientation, and we continue to proudly support Fred Rosser (aka WWE Superstar Darren Young) for being open about his sexuality.

'Unfortunately, WWE cannot change cultures and laws around the world, and thus we did not send Fred Rosser to the United Arab Emirates for our upcoming events for his own protection.


'WWE also fully supports Fred Rosser’s right to express his views on personal social media accounts rather than WWE’s corporate platforms.'

SOURCE: GAY STAR NEWS

No comments:

Post a Comment